Reports To: Principal, Service Business Lead
The Security PM/Support Representative is charged with continued development and growth of the Company’s enterprise security systems service & maintenance sales business throughout their service area in Chicago from their headquarters in Lake County, IL. The successful candidate has experience both actively selling aftermarket services and identifying opportunities for new Project Business. This team member serves as an ambassador for the Company’s service department by selling superior support through sales of software and hardware maintenance agreements, extended warranties and service level plans to new customers while maintaining/renewing and expanding relationships with existing customers. The representative is responsible for actively selling into identified strategic or house accounts. Other duties include assisting with collections and after sales support, competitive intelligence gathering in addition to shepherding the customer’s voice throughout the organization. This is a salaried, exempt position with bonuses for performance goal achievement and forecasting accuracy.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Must have excellent communication skills; have the ability to persuade and close sales of services matched to fit the customers’ needs and system constraints.
- Must have ability to handle a variety of situations encountered during sales process, including overcoming rejection and gaining commitments.
- Must be able to work within a professional office environment located in Lake County, Illinois as well as travel to customers within the Chicago and Milwaukee MSA.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline preferred or equivalent sales experience in hardware, software or equipment maintenance.
- One to three years of sales experience in a service or delivery oriented business with a proven successful record of sales accomplishment that is verifiable.
Regular Tasks and Assignments
- Establish contact with prospect and qualify potential buyers of service contracts by scheduling sales calls, following up of leads and utilizing outlined marketing strategies.
- Support the business to generate leads for service or equipment/device upgrades.
- Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company service offerings.
- Close sufficient sales to meet sales plan objectives.
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support achieving the designed sales plan.
- Conduct physical system surveys and review past project deliverables to support the development of estimates of software and hardware related support and maintenance services.
- Submit all required sales reports, expenses, competitive activity and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participates in and actively maintains regular meeting attendance in Security Software and Facilities Maintenance professional/technical societies and networking groups.